Re: ocean: do not boil

> I think we're drifting from the main issue
> a little bit. Here is a scenario that I'd like
> to understand how it would work:
> What do we recommend a new small 3g operator who only
> has 10 million subscribers (just a small town
> in china!) and wants to allow people to run p2p apps:
>
> a. Run a dual network with 1918 addresses
> b. Just run an IPv6 network
>
> If people want to do a), do you really think
> this would be simpler than b) ? Easier to manage
> and operate?

I think they're going to want to run a dual network for the
near future at least.  but the dual network isn't going to
help with most p2p apps - for the most part it's only going
to work with two-party (client-server) apps.  if a few
p2p apps can make use of the dual network, so much the better,
but p2p will use IPv6 as soon as it becomes a realistic option...

which I think will be the case when either -
hosts ship with 6to4 and Teredo, or
the vendor can ship a driver for the above along with the app

Keith