Re: ocean: do not boil

> Yep. But it is far from clear to me that NAT-PT handles the case when an
> IPv4 address is used by an application (whether it came from some application
> protocol payload or elsewhere). I think this is just the NAT+ALG issue
> restated; if IP addresses appear in the payload of packets an ALG is needed in
> the NAT to map those IP addresses.

actually there are cases where IP addresses in the payload work fine
through NAT (the app deals with scoped addresses by passing around
multiple addresses and since it can't tell which addresses are valid
in which scope it tries multiple addresses, doing its own identity
checks to make sure it's got the right host)

but such apps might still have v4 assumptions wired into them - 4 byte
addresses, etc.