RE: ocean: do not boil

> Right, and this is the part that raises my concerns...  In order for a
> dual-stack node to exist in this environment, it would need to have two
> different "modes" of operation -- one where all A records are translated
> to AAAA records (if behind NAT-PT), and one where the A records result
> in IPv4 traffic (when on an IPv4 network).  How would the node decide
> which "mode" it should be using?

Node should not be aware of presence of NAT-PT.
It is entirely config dependent. If one chooses to point the resolver to a v4 DNS
server, for which it doesnt have to go through a NAT-PT, then the problem is solved.
On the other hand, one could still use a mapped address for the IPv6 DNS server,
which is reachable only through NAT-PT.

Comments ??