Note, BGP goes away once the 32-bit "core" transport is secured.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Austein" <sra+v6ops@hactrn.net>
To: <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: IPv6 tunnel over NAT

> At Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:18:08 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
> >
> > to what extent could BGP policy be used to accomplish divide-and-conquer
> > for 6to4 relay routers?
>
> I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't solve the problem (I suspect you need
> actual routers to do that, not just routing policy), and from
> everything I hear BGP is already badly overloaded without taking on
> new duties, but I confess that the idea of trying to do this with BGP
> hadn't occurred to me, so I can't claim to have thought about it much.

Note, BGP goes away once the 32-bit "core" transport is secured.
Announcements become a thing of the past.

Whitehouse Ready to Release Next Generation Internet Plan
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-958159.html?tag=politech
http://www.politechbot.com/p-03994.html
http://www.uscryptomail.org/cybersecurity/

Note: The new plan calls for the same architecture used with IPv8 and IPv16,
whereby, users do not have direct access to the (out-of-band) IPv16 network.

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
http://ipv8.yi.org
http://ipv8.dyns.cx
http://ipv8.no-ip.com