Re: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

[ post by non-subscriber. with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
miss and therefore delete mis-posts. so fix subscription addresses! ]

Yes, I think so, this requires interdomain flooding, just like interdomain MSDP in IPv4.

However, you might be able to make ASM "SSM like" in that, if you
find the group address by some means out of band, you can join to the RP and either send or receive.

It is also not clear to me how this would work in, say, a teleconference. Doesn't it limit the group to only _one_ RP? What functionality does it give that either SSM or MSDP doesn't ?

Marshall

Mike O'Connor wrote:
If all source active advertisements are carried in PIM packets won't we
need to flood and prune our local source PIM packets to all or our
interdomain neighbors? Would this draft accommodate PIM sparse mode?

-Mike

--
Mike O'Connor, E-mail: moc@es.net
Network Engineer Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)