RE: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

Marshall,

I wasn't sure how the four bit RPad field is used, but the thought of a
single RP limitation occurred to me as well.  I don't think that even if
the RPad allows for 16 RP's per group address it is large enough. There
have already been Access Grid conferences that have had thirty sites
join, each with their own RP. It's probably not a good idea to propose a
number that's already too small:) If there were 16 RP's per PIM domain
it might be enough.

-Mike

--
Mike O'Connor,                  E-mail: moc@es.net
Network Engineer                Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)