Re: New draft on embedding the RP address in IPv6 multicast address

> "We're not going to change our way of doing things because we were here first."

My view is that if a vendor sells products that have an Ethernet interface
and claim to emulate an Ethernet, then they should actually emulate an
Ethernet, at least by default.  Otherwise protocols and code that expect
the network to act like an Ethernet won't work.  That includes propagating
broadcast and multicast packets to all stations.  If they can improve
performance with clever snooping, fine, but that should always be optional.