Re: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-00.txt

>> >i suggest adding a reference to http://www.isc.org/tn/isc-tn-2002-1.txt,
>> >which addresses some of the dns-related issues in migrating away from 6bone.
>> 	two comments -
>> 	1. DNAME is not widely implemented in resolvers in the wild.  therefore
>> 	   not many will be able to resolve "blah.int" with this scheme.
>the dname logic executes in the authority servers, by synthesizing cnames.
>so as long as the master and all slaves understand dname, this proposal works.

	then
	- how do you sign a zone with DNAME?  synthesize = you can't sign.
	- why DNAME resolution has to be kept in BIND8 resolver?
	  (i have sent a diff to remove DNAME processing in BIND8 resolver
	  distributed in BIND9 package, and i got "don't remove DNAME" comment)

itojun