From: Chen, Weijing [mailto:wchen@tri.sbc.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 1:42 PM
To: 'v6ops@ops.ietf.org'
Subject: IPv6, broadband access, VPN

All,

We have been studying the benefits that IPv6 could bring to a large carrier like SBC, in addition to large IP address, plug-play host connection.  You might be interested in an Internet-Draft that we recently submitted as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-allen-lap-ipv6-00.txt.  In it, we make a case for why companies like ours should be turning towards IPv6, and also suggest some new capabilities for IPv6, such as broadband Internet access, L3VPN, L2VPN.  Although we have focused on IPv6 service in this draft, we would welcome the expansion of it to the same IPv4 service offering through IPv6 core network.

We would like to hear comments and interests from all the parities.

Regards,

--

Weijing Chen

SBC Technology Resources