Re: 3gpp transition solutions, revision -02

> For SIP-based services an application proxy is not sufficient.

and NAT-PT is sufficient?  from my limited knowledge of SIP I find this
surprising.

however I don't see a huge problem with using NAT-PT only for a specific
set of well-defined services on networks with known characteristics;
presumably it can be adapted as needed to accomodate those services.

the imposition of NAT-PT on other services is of course a separate question.