Re: draft-pouffary-v6ops-ent-v6net-01

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:22:35AM -0800, Jason Goldschmidt wrote:

> This is not what IPv6 ONLY refers to.  A machine, such as a linux or BSD
> box, that has only an IPv6 interface configured is not IPV6 ONLY, it is
> still dual stack.  Unless these implementations were modified to remove
> the IPv4 stack, they are not IPV6 ONLY devices.

But for the sake of the scenarios, what is the difference?  I think that
most IP stacks are not dual implementation, but hybrid, so they are
not separate.

If the design team wishes to keep that interpretation of IPv6-only, I
think it should change the text or define it with the other definitions
(DSN, etc), as "common" usage of the term is possibly different.

Tim