RE: On NGTRANS, transition mechanisms and consortia

Harald,

Thank you for this clear response.  This is what we needed to hear with
this clarity and the communications.  Trust that nothing I do in the
industry will be counter to anything you state below and if a consortia
for mechanisms is required for fast track because of market pressures as
I am involved I assure you it will work very closely with the IETF for
sure.  I think we have alternatives and the scenarios are key.   One
thing I do ask just for thought.  Please ask and request IESG members
not act out on assumptions or read between the lines of work we do.  If
they have a concern be forthright and ask directly.  I really hate to
see us do a bunch of work in v6ops and be second guessed without clear,
direct, and crystal communications as below. Often the chairs too can be
at the receiving end of such mis-communications and not just us regular
members of a working group.
Thanks Again.

Sincerely,
/jim