6to4 usage scenarios

Hello,

It seems like the 6to4 security discussion degenerated into argument on
how it was meant to be used.

There are two basic models of connecting 6to4 routers to relays:

1) simple static route to your relay
2) BGP sessions to your relay and all the other relays where you want to
receive native IPv6 packets from

I know of _no_ deployments of 2) even though Brian insists on that being
the only "real" 6to4 usage scenario.  Does anyone know this being used?

If not, I think we must acknowledge that 2) is not really
right-tool-for-the-job (think of 6over4 **), and that 1) is the primary
(only?) applicability target of 6to4.

The alternative is that we have gaping holes in Home/SOHO and partially
maybe enterprise transition scenarios, and nothing to fill them at the
moment.

**) 6over4 is a nice technique, and we could even use it -- but we don't
want stuff like that.  The same IMO applies to 6to4+BGP.  There is no use
specifying mechanisms for the audience who does not want them.

P.S. I only came to the wg after 6to4 had just gone RFC, this internal
bickering really took me off surprise and made me both frustrated and
angry about refusing to accept the reality.