Re: on NAT-PT

> >has any way been found as yet to accomplish end to end ipsec with nat.if
> >not, will this require a modification in the way ipsec ah and ipsec esp
> >works or will nat-pt will have to be revised alltogether (which i don't
> >think is a very good proposition)? i think an urgent solution to this is
> >required if nat/napt-pt is to be used at a larger scale.
>
> ipsec does not work over NAT.  period.
> (there are efforts in ipsec wg, but...)

Some of the routers supports IPsec pass through mode and works fine (at
least
with my limited experience) with ESP tunnel mode. As far as i can tell no
one
cares about AH.  IPsec pass through mode seems to work fine for home
scenarios
(my PC behind the NAT establishing a IPsec ESP tunnel to the corporate). Its
limitations
might prevent its use in large scale though.

-mohan

-mohan