RE: 6bone ghost for 3FFE:1E00::/24 and nothing working found

Martin.Gysi@swisscom.com [mailto:Martin.Gysi@swisscom.com] wrote:

> Hi Jeroen, Hirotaka and all…

> You’re quite right that none of these applications (ping…) work,
neither is the route in use.

But it is currently lingering around the internet: 3ffe:1e00::/24 (10
ghosted paths)
Do you have any indications since when the prefix announcements stopped?

> We used this address block quite a few years ago for first tests on
IPv6, but the
> infrastructure was shut down after that. I am currently working on
re-establishing this network,
> but it takes a while to get into everything required for this. We have
bought some new servers
> that this time should be here to stay, and I hope that we will be up
and running by the end of
> this year. Please contact me (martin.gysiATswisscom.com) or
michael.schaedlerATswisscom.com for
> anything regarding this, as André Prim (prim_aATvptt.ch) is now longer
active in this domain.

Update this in the 6bone whois database, that's the place to look for
these informations.

> By the way, I do wonder as well who yoco22AThotmail.com might be…

Clean up the 6bone registry, one 6bone site should be enough per prefix.
And ofcourse add maintainers to them.

I also hope that the helpdesk@ip-plus.net learn that they are in the
whois entry for AS3303.
Just in case that they don't know how that works:

8<-------------
$ whois -h whois.ripe.net AS3303

aut-num:      AS3303
as-name:      SWISSCOM
descr:        Swisscom Enterprise Solutions Ltd
descr:        IP-Plus Internet Backbone
descr:
descr:
====
descr:
descr:        Peering requests       peering@ip-plus.net
descr:        Operational issues     helpdesk@ip-plus.net
descr:        Spam and abuse issues  abuse@ip-plus.net
descr:        Other info             http://www.ip-plus.net
descr:
descr:
====

------------->8

Apparently, especially due to really odd mails like:

> First, we are a helpdesk for IP-Plus customers.
> Second,  if we get mails like the one of you we need to have more
information about what is meant.
> Third, IPv6 is not yet running - it's IPv4.
> Fourth, if you need any further information, please contact IEEE.
>
> Thank you and good bye.

They don't care about their network and don't know who does what in
their company.
And why does the AS3303 object say that address is for "Operational
Issues" when
they can't respond in a normal fashion to outside persons.
What if they are causing huge BGP leaks (or ghost paths like they are
doing now)
Do they reply with "You are not a customer so go away" ?
This leaves to wonder... and what IEEE has to do with it :)
A rather odd attitude these people have.

Greets,
 Jeroen