RE: comments : draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-analysis-00.txt

Hi Juha,

>One thing is that the selection of the type of tunneling mechanism is up to
the operator/ISP     >deployment scenario and we can only give generic
recommendations in our draft.

Yes,i agree that we are not authorized to mandate a particular
tunneling/translation mechanism to the operator. But still don't you think
that if different operators have faith in different transition mechanisms
then compatibility may be a major issue?

>A counter question: what kind of tunneling mechanims would you recommend?

I still insist that we need to come up with a tunneling mechanism that is
perfect. Whether that means rectification/modification of an existing method
or introduction of a new method. Since transition mechanisms have not yet
been deployed at a large scale, i don't think it is too late to introduce
(if required i.e.)a new tunneling mechanism. Anyway, i feel that if can do
away with NA(P)T-PT problems, atleast 80% of the job will be done.

Anand Thakur
HCL Perot Systems
A-14 Sector-57,Noida
tel ext. - 3257