RE: FW: 3gpp scenario 2

 > Sure, but my thought is that dual-stack v4/v6 backbones
 > already exist, and
 > are definitely on the rise.  It's not like 3GPP networks are
 > deploying
 > today or tomorrow.

I think the issue was that 3GPP core networks have already been deployed
and are running IPv4.

 > Often setting up the infrastructure required to
 > install something like BGP/IGP tunneling is greater than the pain of
 > configured tunneling or dual-stack backbone.

When an operator introduces v6 islands over an existing v4 backbone
it doesn't have to modify the existing network. Both configured
tunnelling and EGP/IGP would be the same from this point of view.
In certain cases upgrading the whole backbone at once is worse.

/Karim