Re: Opportunistic Tunneling

> I think vendors can provide the infrastructure in their software that Bob talks
> about (detecting existing IPv6 connectivity and prompting the user with "cool
> application X needs IPv6 connectivity - should I set up such connectivity?").

would such a framework be a superset of the existing tranisition
mechanisms, where the mechanism to be used would be selected based upon
.... ? or would this actually be a new mechanism?

isn't there one software vendor that is already doing something similar
when the user chooses to activate ipv6? is it something that needs to be
standardized in the ietf?

jasminko