RE: comparaison grids presented in meeting

Hi Jonne:

I proposed Doors to the WG last year, mid November (thread was RE:
automatic tunneling and v6 interoperation). Doors builds on MIPv6 to
build an automatic tunnel over IPv4, and uses addresses that are built
after the 6to4 format though it could be otherwise.

MIPv6 (or Nemo for that matter) does the bulk of the work, and Doors is
just opportunistically using the states that MIPv6 installs at the HA to
store the UDP encapsulation parameters. Doors goes through all forms of
NATs, AFAIK. Actually, in the case of a nested Nemo, a single PAT state
in the network covers the full nested cloud.

I'm afraid that the draft has expired but it can still be found at the
nemo site:
http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/drafts/draft-thubert-nemo-ipv4-traver
sal-01.txt

There's a lot more we could do like advertise a door gateway using
DHCPv4 or IPv4CP, but I did not try and go that far since the base
design is not a WG work item at this point. On the other hand, that left
us some time to beta test Doors over a wide range of networks. This
includes all forms of wireless phones on 3 continents and satellite (by
NASA). Worked, as of now.

Pascal