"ban" against mechanisms [Re: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Alain Durand wrote:
> > Is there a ban on developing tools based on TSP?
>
> There is a ban that was institute in the last days of NGtrans and
> that was carried on in v6ops that forbid to work on transition
> mechanism as wg items until the scenario document were finished.
>
> I think we are due to lift this ban and restart wg activities in the
> general area of assisted tunneling mechanism as it is clear now
> that such work is needed to address the scenarios in scope for v6ops.
> Delaying this further would be irresponsible.

There has never been a "ban" on working on something.  Only, v6ops and
at the later days, ngtrans, would not take these items as WG work
items.  I don't think discussing such work on either list has ever
been explicitly forbidden (as long as it wouldn't interfere with the
rest of the work).  It has always been OK to continue working on the
proposed mechanisms as individual drafts.