Re: IETF59 minutes and presentations

On Mar 12, 2004, at 1:17 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:

Hi,

(co-chair hat on)

The minutes and presentations have been made available at:

http://www.6bone.net/v6ops/minutes/index.htm

Dear wg chairs,

I just read those minutes on the hesitations for one vs many transition solutions.

Have we made much progress since Minneapolis march 2002? (ban on Ngtrans work on tools)
Have we made much progress since Grenoble interim meeting (Feb. 1999)
were we tried to go down to one transition mechanism and failed...

Yes, we now have some scenarios, but they are far form being all completed. And at the end of
this exercise, we are still trying to answer the same questions, do we need automatic vs assisted
mechanisms and how much should we rely on the infrastructure put in place by ISPs.
But still no simple recommendation on how to do transition.

- Alain.