RE: Need for TSP? RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation

 > Hesham,
 > As you are saying, if its already there (L2TP
 > infrastructure), then this
 > route can certainly make sense. But if an ISP doesn't have an L2TP
 > infrastructure, deploying a tunnel broker solution is simpler.

=> Respectfully disagree. Many hosts already have L2TP,
you're asking them to implement another protocol.
If the operator doesn't have then he can have it, it's
already available in products. An existing protocol that
is already implemented is better than standardising
a new protocol because it might be simpler to implement.

 > To me, this is analogous to the BGP tunneling (6PE) stuff:
 > if you already
 > have MPLS-IPv4 backbone, BGP tunneling is attractive for
 > IPv6 deployment to
 > CE. Otherwise, doesn't make sense to deploy MPLS to get IPv6 to your
 > customers.

=> I'd like BGP tunnelling mechanisms to be independent
of MPLS as much as possible. We can also do the same thing
for OSPF, IS-IS ...etc. IMHO these are the best auto tunnelling
mechanisms for the core.

Hesham