Re: 6to4 being replaced by Teredo only? [Re: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Rob Austein wrote:
> > Please retain 6to4.
>
> Not surprisingly, I agree :-)
>
> But in any case, I think it is out of the IETF's hands at this point.
> 6to4 will die when it no longer serves any purpose.

Of course, we cannot take away what's deployed, or what will be
deployed :-).

The relevant point, however, is
 a) what we should recommend that folks do, and
 b) how strongly we should aim for good interoperability between
    different sets of {6to4, Teredo, Native}

If there was concensus that we shouldn't need to do 6to4, we might be
able to simplify those interoperability concerns.  At the moment,
however, there doesn't seem to be strong push for that.