RE: static vs dynamic addresses for apps [RE: v6 deployment in general [Re: tunnel broker deployment [RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]]]

> I think you're missing the context here.  Would you build an
> application which would only work if the user's IPv6 address is
> static, and not for the others?
>
> At least when I have coded apps, I have to design them to work with
> everyone :).

Yup. In particular, applications must work on laptops. When a laptop
roams to a new WiFi hot spot, it gets a new address. Applications are
expected to go on working...

-- Christian Huitema