Re: v6 deployment in general [Re: tunnel broker deployment [RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]]

On Mar 16, 2004, at 12:17 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:

The problem is worse with transition mechanisms, especially the ones
which traverse NATs, but the situation may improve as soon as we can
get rid of them.  In any case, such mechanisms can provide a stable
as long as they can keep the NAT/IP mappings stable -- which is, for
properly designed application, maybe sufficient.

I guess I don't understand what "such mechanisms" refer to above. I don't know if mechanisms like Teredo can provide a stable IPv6
address
when the nat mappings change, but doing TB/UDP for nat traversal
should be
able to provide stable IP addresses/prefixes in this case.

In practice the NAT mappings do not change and the Teredo address remains reasonably stable.

unless the global IPv4 address of the NAT box is changed every 24 hours by the ISP...

- Alain.