RE: v6 deployment in general [Re: tunnel broker deployment [RE: Tunneling scenarios and mechanisms evaluation]]

Alain Durand writes:
> On Mar 16, 2004, at 12:17 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:
> > In practice the NAT mappings do not change and the Teredo address
> > remains reasonably stable.
>
> unless the global IPv4 address of the NAT box is changed every 24
hours
> by the ISP...

Since we all want to see IPv6 native deployed, I'll point out that the
same sort of ISP could use DHCPv6 and change the IPv6 address every 24
hours too.  Hence providing addresses more stable than native
connectivity gives is not always a good thing as it could result in an
incentive for clients to not want/use native IPv6.

Instead, if an app needs more address stability that what native
connectivity (IPv4 or IPv6) gives, perhaps it would be better off using
a mechanism such as a Mobile IPv6 home address.

-Dave