Re: comments on draft-durand-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirement s-00 .txt

On Apr 15, 2004, at 10:04 AM, Karim El-Malki (HF/EAB) wrote:

There are no NATs in mobile phones today since there is no use for them and I sure hope never to see them. I think most people would agree.

Let me disagree.
The scenario is a remote location or road warrior where the only possible/realistic
connectivity is through 3GPP/3GPP2. That may be an intermittent case when 802.11
is not available.
I'd like to get a 3GPP network attachment on a computer (PCMCIA/PCI/USB/Bluetooth...)
or 802.11 access point and run a NAT there. It would act as a router for the rest of my network.
Now, any device within my network that desire to get IPv6 connectivity
will have to go through that NAT.

Alain.