RE: comments on draft-durand-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirement s-00 .txt

 Hi all!

This has been a good discussion. I also agree on the principle having no NAT in the UE.

Karim commented in an earlier e-mail:
"There are no NATs in mobile phones today since there is no use
for them and I sure hope never to see them. I think most people
would agree. So there is nothing today that hints at this
development and I think we should not be proposing solutions
that are compatible with this.

Mobile manufacturers will be shipping dual-stack mobile terminals
and that is what we should be (and are) favouring. If a PAN is
needed behind the terminal then it's an excellent case for using
IPv6."

Yes, *if* (Bluetooth) PAN is needed behind the terminal, just use IPv6 for that. That's a very simple guideline.

Cheers,
	 -Juha-