RE: POLL: Consensus for moving forward with Teredo?

This made me think of something to relay to the WG (thanks Liu Min).

I have heard from three different users in the ISR (Intelligence,
Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) deployment community, all different
entities, that any transition mechanisms, which use special IPv6
prefixes are a non-starter in certain cases.  The two that are not
useful for that reason are 6to4 and Teredo.  They present a potential
security hole because nodes can create them ad hoc theoretically and
IPv6 packets could be sent to them, and they are not within the address
space defined by these communities, and causes permanent infrastructure.
These nets use stateless and dominant IPv6 nets reducing IPv4
immedidately when possible, and using mechanisms to connect to legacy
IPv4.  The two mechanisms that may work well at this time are DSTM and
ISATAP, and objective is to let ISATAP phase out automatically with
deployment (large advantage of ISATAP to them). Rigorous security holes
for DSTM and ISATAP are being searched now.  That is all I really know
at this point and it is new.

/jim