Re: Tunnel Set-up requirements: Issue to be resolved

Thank you Carl, this is exactly the kind of feedback
I'm looking for.

On May 6, 2004, at 4:28 PM, Carl Williams wrote:
  Some of the scenarios we are looking at require that
we be able to keep the same IPv6 address for both registered
and non-registered modes for each tunnel setup - this of course
should be a choice.

  I don't know if this is more of an implementation issue or not
but for registered mode I don't want to require the end customer to
manually enter settings via some web page every time
they initiate a new tunnel setup.  For example, I want to require
registration but in a way that is automatic and transparent to the
user.

Would a one time registration through a web page be ok? There could be some kind of token/key exchange happening there and that would be reuse automatically every time the user sets up the tunnel.

- Alain.