Re: Re:Teredo vs Silkroad

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 15:55, Eiffel Wu wrote:
> [...]

<SNIP>
> >in other words, there can be multiple Teredo IPv6 service prefixes.
> >Anyone can establish one just if the operator has a /32 prefix to
> >spare. Many probably don't :).
> How many ISPs have a /32 prefix ?

A lot, from http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/

1x /20
1x /23
58x /24
1x /27
56x /28
1x /30
1x /31
603x /32
26x /35

The /24 and 28's are mostly 6bone btw.
Total of 748 TLA's ;)

> As i know, now there are no ISPs that have a /32 prefix in China.

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/tla/all/?country=cn

11 pieces of RIR TLA's, 6 in the routing tables, 5 not.
Additionally 3 6bone prefixes (1 /24 + 2x /28)

Nopes, that is not even 1% probably of China, I realise that quite well,
so just kick those ISP's and let them get address space.

> Moreover, There are thousands of million NAT users in China, which
> will need
> many of Teredo relays and corresponding Teredo /32 prefixes.

ISP's should use Teredo/6to4/ISATAP/6in4/.... as a transition method and
not for 'ever'.

Also 1 /32 could do as they are mapped inside the /32, you wouldn't want
to be the Teredo server then though ;)

> When does Chinese
> ISPs have so many /32 prefixes ? i don't think the day will come soon.

http://www.apnic.net -> fill in the forms, show the need, done.
But that is all policy, which has nothing to do with the IETF.
And it is *EASY* to get IPv6 address space even at APNIC.
I suggest you contact APNIC and inquire there about the possibilities.

Greets,
 Jeroen