Re: Request to Advance "Evaluation of IPv6 Transition Mechanisms for Unmanaged Networks"

Not sure what the procedure is here, but I just noticed that this document
fails to mention [ISATAP] as an applicable automatic tunnel mechanism
(without NAT traversal) for unmanaged networks.

[ISATAP] is needed for host-to-host and host-to-router interactions
within unmanaged networks - especially accross bridges, ND proxies,
multi-link subnets, etc.

Fred L. Templin
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com

Pekka Savola wrote:

David,

On behalf of the v6ops WG, we'd like to request that the following
document be published as Informational RFC:

Evaluation of IPv6 Transition Mechanisms for Unmanaged Networks
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-unmaneval-03.txt

The first WG last call was completed on 26th February. -02 version
was published, and a one-week WGLC held which ended on 30th May; only one person responded with minor nits, and those have been fixed
in -03.

Thanks,
Pekka & Jonne
v6ops WG co-chairs