RE: Moving forward

Lest anyone forget, ngtrans was an OPS area WG. As David pointed out the
rule is a generality, not cast in stone.

The appropriate step forward is for v6ops to complete the informational
documents that recommend specific approaches to the identified environments.
It is then up to the IESG to evaluate a recharter vs. close & open specific
wgs in other areas. It would not hurt for the members of v6ops to point out
that much of the work on these technologies is being done by the same set of
people, so splitting into multiple WGs would cause a logistical problem for
meeting slots. Other than that it really doesn't matter where the
technologies are standardized. It only matters that they get on the
standards track now, and not be hung up behind an interminable IESG debate.
The IESG must not second guess the extensive deliberations of the WG in
terms of identifying which technologies are useful in each environment, and
needs to move expeditiously in processing any or all new charters.

Tony