RE: Moving forward

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Soliman Hesham wrote:
>  > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Soliman Hesham wrote:
>  > > FWIW, there was unanymous concensus in the Seoul meeting
>  > > to standardise all mechanisms being considered at the moment
>  >
>  > Nope -- I don't recall anything like that.  Could you elaborate using
>  > the minutes when you believe that kind of consensus was achieved or
>  > even asked.
>
> => Hmmm, After your presentation which included an analysis
> of all current proposals (it was divided in some way that
> I never quite understood), you and Jonne asked the group
> if there were any objections to moving forward with any
> of the mechanisms and no one objected. I recall this very
> clearly. I didn't read the minutes after the meeting but
> I was there. I believe this was in the first session.

If this was in the first session, there was an attempt to divide the
mechanisms to 'opportunistic' and 'zero-configured'.  From the
minutes:

====
Consensus call (raising hands):
   1) Is opportunistic tunneling needed => many hands; a few hands
against.
   2) Is zeroconf tunnel needed to be standardized => many hands;
nobody against.

=> Consensus: both are needed and will be standardized.
====

This is was *NOT* consensus that all the mechanisms be standardized as
you seem to have understood, but only that there must be a
standardized mechanism representing both classes of solutions for
which there was consensus.