Re: (v6ops) WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-renumbering-procedure-00.txt (fwd)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Fred Baker wrote:
> >A few paragraphs along the lines of "ask one ISP to temporarily accept
> >packets with the other's addresses and use that one for outgoing traffic
> >or use policy routing to match ISPs to the source addresses in outgoing
> >packets, or if these approaches aren't possible, implement a flag-day type
> >of transition" would be very helpful, I think.
>
> In a word, no.
[...]

A possible compromise here could be putting RFC3704 in as a
*normative* reference (btw, some of those other ones might be as well
because they're required for understanding), implying that it's a MUST
read.. which could be interpreted as not having to summarize or
repeats its contents here.