Re: Proposed way forward with the transition mechanisms

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Tim Chown wrote:
> > I would like to hear what other people feel about this! (Pekka's view I,
> > at least, know already.)
>
> I think also maybe 6to4 relays should be considered for ISP analysis,
> where at the moment brokers and 6PE are cited.   In the case of European
> NRENs, 66% have a 6to4 relay, less than 33% a broker, aimed at local
> NREN communities.

The document does mention them, but kind of takes it for given as it's
already on the table:

   The ISP may offer opportunistic services, mainly a 6to4 relay,
   especially as a test when no actual service is offered yet. At the
   later phases, ISPs might also deploy 6to4 relays and Teredo servers
   (or similar) to optimize their customers' connectivity to 6to4 and
   Teredo nodes.

> What's the agenda again for v6ops?  How much time do we have for this
> minor little topic? ;)

The agenda is available at http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04aug/v6ops.txt.
There will be sufficient time for this :-)

(If folks in general have specific ideas how you think we should
discuss these topics in the meeting, feel free to drop me and Jonne a
note off-list..)