Re: Proposed way forward with the transition mechanisms

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Alain Durand wrote:
[...]
> So you still haven't answered my question. Let me ask it differently.
> What does Isatap enable that a protocol metting the requirements
> described in draft-ietf-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirements-00.txt
> will not?

Or put yet another way,

"Could you provide requirements from the 3GPP (analysis) to be
considered in assisted-tunneling-requirements if there's
something missing?"

(co-chair hat on)
We've received input from the ADs that it's important to understand
the actual requirements learned from the different analysis documents
better.  Even if the requirements from the 3GPP analysis wouldn't be
incorporated in this particular document, they should be spelled out a
bit better to be considered separately.

But more of this later.
(co-chair hat off)