Re: Automatic Configuration of IPv6-over-IPv4 Tunnels

Hello Syam,

Regarding joining your effort, I'm afraid I am spread too thin
right now on other obligations but obviously have no objections
to others pursuing it if there is a chance it will bear fruits.
Still wondering if anyone can comment on the on-again/off-again
interest in this approach?

Thanks - Fred
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com

Syam Madanapalli wrote:

Hi Fred,

I was not even working towards IETF two years ago.
And I am still not sure if this option is useful, if
it is, do you mind joining this work?

Thank you,
Syam

--- "Fred L. Templin" <ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com> wrote:

I proposed a DHCPv4 option for tunnel endpoint
discovery in an I-D
about 2 years ago, and the document was widely
ignored. Why all of
a sudden this renewed interest? (Asked the other way
around, why
was there no interest 2 years ago when the I-D was
still active?)

Fred
ftemplin@iprg.nokia.com

Ralph Droms wrote:

Jordi - I'm a little confused (perhaps by 3GPP

versus 3GPP2?). We have

a request to fast track a DHCPv6 option for MIPv6

home agent options. I

guess that's for 3GPP2, not 3GPP. 3GPP is not

using DHCP at all?

- Ralph

At 10:43 AM 8/4/2004 -0700, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ

wrote:

Hi Syam,

I think this is an interesting work, and should

be continued within

DHC WG.

But I'm not sure will fit in the

zeroconfiguration requirements,

because for example in 3GPP DHCP is not being

used.

Anyway, we are already discussing this and will

consider the option.

But it could be feasible in ISP scenarios when

only the own-ISP

customers are the goal for providing a transition

service.

Regards,
Jordi