RE: zeroconf draft

Hi Pekka,

> As noted in the message to Jordi, I'd be concerned if one would be
> concerned about the amount of state, not the amount of traffic.
>
> > Load balancing among multiple router weren't part of base IPv6, but
> > it may become so (<draft-ietf-ipv6-host-load-sharing-02.txt>).
> >
> > Load balancing could be good, whether its really required by this
> > miminal function, I am not sure.
>
> Just to be clear, I wasn't describing load-balancing as described in
> draft-ietf-ipv6-host-load-sharing-02.txt (which wouldn't
> probably even
> work nicely, at least if you don't make assumptions about the
> solution).
>
> I think the goal here is that you'll be able to deploy multiple
> "tunnel servers", and be able to somehow make some of the hosts to use
> tunnel server A, some B, others C.  You probably don't want all the
> hosts sharing the load equally among servers A to C (which is what the
> load sharing spec says).

My mistake.

I was in fact thinking of the scenarios
where different hosts deploys different
routers.

>In short, this probably turns out as a
> requirement for the auto-discovery of the tunnel server, as Jordi
> noted, but it should be explicitly discussed.
>
> (In other words, you're concerned of seamlessly being able to deploy
> multiple tunnel servers to be able to support a larger amount of
> tunnel end-points.)

I agree that that load balancing could be inforced
by the endpoint discovery mechanism using standard mechs, e.g., round
robin or advanced "active load measuring" mechanisms.

Personally I may still not be convinced that
this is a strict requirement for zeroconf.

I will register it as an open issue.

BR, Karen