RE: Unreachability detection at tunnels servers WAS: RE: Comments on zeroconf draft

Hi Pekka,

It seems that we are converging against a resolution, which is:

In the area of IPv6 black hole detection, tunnel servers may
not provide a service comparatively with the native IPv6 one.

Ideally, IPv6 transition/tunnelling mechanisms should provide black hole
detection mechanisms similar to original IPv6 NUD processes.

Whether such are provided, however, will for the individual
transition mechanism be a tradeoff weighting the implementation aspects and
the anticipated deployment environment aspects against the added value of such IPv6 NUD like
processes.

(-??)

I can live with that.

BR, Karen