RE: REVIEW NEEDED: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Klynsma, Steven L Mr CIO/G6/MITRE wrote:
> I'm sure you're aware that the military has much to gain by taking
> on a "commercial" flavor.  By that I mean reducing our dependence on
> government-developed equipment and using the stuff already available
> in commercial sector.  Therefore, we take great pains to use
> commercial terminology (as opposed to military) and would hope that
> a separate solution for our environment can be avoided.

I'm not sure how to read this.  This could be read as: 'so, if we want
to use a "commercial flavour" but have already decided on which model
we want to adopt, we need to push our deployment model to the
commercial sector, so that they'll have something in common with us,
and we don't need any special software or hardware'.

That would seem to be .. rather questionable, but here are probably
other interpretations as well.