RE: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-aoun-v6ops-natpt-deprecate-00.txt

It just goes to show that the IETF can only offer transition mechanisms, but not
mandate one. When the choices are comprehensive, the customers will pick the one
that best suits their environment.

Disagree with your comment about proxies. What did you mean by "inherent support
for middleboxes"? Middleboxes refer to many things including proxies, NATs and
NAT-PTs
We are all talking about wheather the NAT-PT should be chosen. But there are lots
of transimisms besides NAT-PT, do you think they are all helpful to a special
circumstance? A special transition mechanism solves a special condition, if there
a mechanism that can replace NAT-PT much better, we can consider to deprecate it.

Best,