Re: REVIEW NEEDED: draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-00.txt

At 10:30 AM 10/26/2004 +0800, Zhenyu Wu wrote:

>Right. This was one of the main idea of using 6to4 while testing it among
>several enterprise campuses and using a 2002 followed by global IPv4
>address (forming a fake global IPv6 address). So, if the the enterprise
>did not get a a chance to get a real IPv6 address, they can just use 6to4
>tunneling address and test things out among several sites and also connect
>to IPv6 Internet by using a 6to4 Relay.

What conditions do you think the enterprise did not get a chance to get a real
IPv6 address? As there are so large amount of IPv6 addresses, enterprises can
easily get a real IPv6 addresses, can't they?

They can ...

I'm not aware of any real problems of getting a IPv6 address.

One day the person in charge decide that they want to start testing IPv6 and using 2002: they can pretty much get started right away :-)

Regards,
Salman