WG last call on tunneling scenarios

(co-chair hats on)

Hello,

In the interest of moving forward from the tunneling requirements, we have discussed the situation with ADs, and will be proposing some actions.

One of these is getting a reasonable consensus on the requirements for zero-config and registered assisted tunneling. In order to be able to discuss whether existing solutions fit the requirements, how they need to be modified, or which kind of new solutions should be specified, we'll have to get the requirements to a closure.

But finishing the requirements will have to happen fast: in the event that there are issues for which there is no consensus, it'll be better to just document both sides of the argument fairly, and move on and evaluate the tradeoffs when selecting or specifying the solution(s).

In order to achive this, we propose adopting the following as WG items:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00.txt
http://www.v6ops.euro6ix.net/ietf/draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt

Please speak up if you object to this.

In addition, we are issuing WG last call (for Informational) for:

draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00.txt
draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-01.txt
draft-ietf-v6ops-assisted-tunneling-requirements-01.txt

Please send the comments on the list, but specify clearly which document you're commenting on. Now is the last chance to speak up!

The WG last call expires on Monday, 8th November (the IETF week).

Pekka & Jonne
co-chairs