From: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 3:55 AM
Subject: Re: A personal take on WG's priorities..

Hi Brian,

May be I'm wrong, but if the objective to outsource some of the work is to
"evacuate" it faster, I think is not the right way.

I mean, if they are within the charter, they are operational issues, pushing
it outside, will mean some of the people that is doing effort here, will
divide his time following up to WGs (at least), attending 2 meetings, etc.
At the end, some times this can be rather more time consuming that
proceeding here. I've this experience in projects, when you divide the work
in several WGs and then becomes fragmented, and the people, who is limited
in number and resources, availability, etc., tend to keep only with part of
the work, very concentrated and missing the overall picture.

Consequently, I will agree with this only in case we have extra effort,
which is not the case, but in general in IETF on the contrary. Less people
less effort with the time ..., unfortunately.

I will agree that if we have something that is clearly specific to an
existing WG, then it should be forwarded there. Similarly, if there is some
work that requires a very focused effort, then we should try to create a new
WG, probably.

Regards,
Jordi