RE: other comments on draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00. txt

One comment on a comment,

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Karen E. Nielsen (AH/LMD) wrote:
Tunnel end-point discovery
This document should also reference
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yamamoto-naptr-service-
discovery-00.txt

Yes, now it should. Thanks.

Let me and the other authors think about how it should be put exactly, I have a small concern with this in the 3gpp environment due to RT delays (more or that to come).

Let me disagree here, rather strongly.

The requirements document like this should not point at various solutions documents. In the case of tunnel endpoint discovery, we have a good document (draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-00.txt) -- which could include more discussion relating to draft-yamamoto-, but there is no need to refer to that *HERE*.

However, as there are a *LOT* of different tradeoffs regarding tunnel end-point discovery, it makes sense to elaborate a bit on the tradeoffs of 3GPP. For example, whether DHCP could be used (I think not); whether DNS lookups are feasible; how many round-trips should be the maximum; whether this could be piggybacked on a 3GPP configuration protocol; whether the mechanism should fail gracefully (and after how many attempts) if the service is not found; etc.