Re: other comments on draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00. txt

Hi Alain,

Our document is doing an analysis of all possible solutions. Our suggested
solution is a different document.

Our analysis document already includes NAPTR description, but we may need to
expand to reverse, which will be the right way to proceed with an analysis
document to be as much comprehensive as possible.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Alain Durand <Alain.Durand@Sun.COM>
> Responder a: owner-v6ops@ops.ietf.org
> Fecha: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:31:27 -0800
> Para: Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
> CC: "Karen E. Nielsen (AH/LMD)" <karen.e.nielsen@ericsson.com>, "'''IPv6
> Operations ' ' '" <v6ops@ops.ietf.org>
> Asunto: Re: other comments on draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00. txt
>
> Pekka Savola wrote:

>>> Yes, now it should. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Let me and the other authors think about how it should be put
>>> exactly, I have a small concern with this in the 3gpp environment due
>>> to RT delays (more or that to come).
>>

>> Let me disagree here, rather strongly.
>>
>> The requirements document like this should not point at various
>> solutions documents.  In the case of tunnel endpoint discovery, we
>> have a good document (draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-00.txt) -- which
>> could include more discussion relating to draft-yamamoto-, but there
>> is no need to refer to that *HERE*.
>
> We might be in violent agreement. My point is that either the
> requirement specs reference
> all possible solutions or none and stick to requirements.
> Referencing only one potential solution is wrong.
> That said, I agree that all the tunnel end point discovery solutions
> should be merged.
>
>   - Alain.

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at: