RE: Comments on draft-nielsen-v6ops-3GPP-zeroconf-goals-00

Hi Tim,

The 3gpp draft could have been a separate chapter of
draft-suryanarayanan-v6ops-zeroconf-reqs-00.

I think it has been explained in length on the list why it isn't, but let
me do it once more:

"Procedural":
There's a certain urgency to solve the 3gpp case and as the 3gpp
requirements, spelled out in the previous version of
this document, was thought to be in a mature state it was judged
best to keep this separate to avoid
the delay and the "blur" that could arise from integrating this into
the generic zeroconf document.

As you point out in a different mail - then it is difficult to keep track of
the generic requirements from the environment specific ones in the generic
zeroconf document.

Technical:
The constrained conditions of 3gpp: bandwidth, round trips times (and costs)
singles out the 3gpp environment compared to the other cases considered.

These conditions may have implications that are in conflict with some of the
requirements for advanced features of the other scenarios.

Something else:
Having said this, it has been pointed out by many that given that the 3gpp document
is indeed about 3gpp only, some "generic" zeroconf text should be removed
and furthermore more text should be added on the explicit 3gpp deployment scenario.

BR, Karen