Subject: moving on soft-errors (was Re: [tcpm] Soft errors: why not a socket	option?)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:10:39 -0500
From: Mark Allman <mallman@icir.org>
To: tcpm@ietf.org
CC: Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>, Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>

(Speaking my my co-chair hat ON ....)

Folks-

I have just inhaled the entire soft-errors thread.  It was pretty
painful.  I wonder if anyone is still listening except the four
"combatants".  I hope so.  This is a request for a broader set of
opinions on what this WG should do with the soft-errors draft.  Should
we take it up as a WG item?  Should we require some of the measurements
that have been called for?  Should we just outright dump it?  I would
like folks to read the draft, think about the arguments made on the list
and send some feedback.  Even it's just two sentences and you do not
want to get into the fray, it will be helpful.  (And, while we prefer to
keep the discussion on the list, if you really want to stay out of the
fray, send the input to Ted and I offlist.)

Per the note Ted and I sent yesterday, we need to see some folks say
they have read the document and it is a reasonable path.  The meeting
minutes noted that when asked only a handful of people said they read
the i-d.  We need more opinions.  Please.

Thanks,
allman

-- Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

-- Fernando Gont fernando@gont.com.ar || fgont@acm.org