Re: Take VLAN usage as WG document?

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 08:22:21AM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> (co-chair hat on)
>
> The author has asked if the document describing usage of VLANs
> for IPv6 deployed could be taken as a WG document:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chown-v6ops-vlan-usage-02.txt
>
> This is in the charter, and useful as an Informational document.

I think it would make a useful informational document.

Personally, I find this approach "obvious" - but that's only because
I've already been through the process of wondering how to bring IPv6 to
our VLAN infrastructure (which was served by a VLAN router that was
conveniently declared as "End of Life" just one OS release before
the general introduction of IPv6), and ended up doing it exactly
this way - the existing IPv4 router stays, a new box for IPv6 only
VLAN routing is built (which is not as powerful as the IPv4 router, but
sufficient for v6).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  66629  (65398)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299